IPAC 2 is amazing. So simple to program on my Mac - all plug and play and nice construction quality. Easy to fit and basically: it just works. Ten out of ten!
So far I dont know what to make of the ipac 2, in retropie it is causing me a headache, I think thats retropie though, out of the box it registered all of the right characters when tested in notepad, but I did have trouble when trying to upgrade the firmware to allow it to emulate a gamepad, it crashed and seemed bricked, then after a few tries it came back to life.
its a solidly build product and the windows configuration tool is easy to use.
I bought this board for my bartop project with 2 zippy joystick, 12 Yenox buttons, etc .
Very easy to wire but the screw terminals are a little breakable.
Board and utility software (WinIPAC Version 2) works well with Windows 7.
I-pac works well also with Raspberry PI 3 and Retropie/EmulationStation, needs configuration through Retroarch with some emulators (Neo Geo, Snes, Megadrive/Genesis, etc).
A special mention for Andy and ArcadeWorld staff, really helpful and kind.
Really fast delivery. Wired up in no time.
What more can i say, unpack install and in around 10 mins you are up and running. A small board that is so easy to use 10 out of 10.
Based on my experience i would recommend this board but i also had a few problems with it which were very time consuming.
- Very easy to wire, all inputs are specified on the board. Peel the wire and screw it in
- GND is at both sides but they're communicated so you only need a point from the daisy chain for all players and buttons
- getting the pre-crimped wires and daisy chain for ground is a must unless you wanna spend hours crimping wires. It makes your life easy!
- fast response from joystick and switches if connected to Raspberry Pi, not noticeable time delay.
- it works very well with Mame
- The board is meant to be pre-programmed by default but it may not be. My Up, down, left right were swapped so i tried to reprogram the board with no success so i end up wiring the up from the joystick with the down on the board, left with right, etc.
- It didn't work with Windows 7. This could be due to having the correct driver installed instead of the windows default one. The Ultimarc website instructions are atrocious and all over the place with drivers, firmware and programming instructions in different sections which made it very hard to find.
- WinIPAC V2 Configuration Utility did not work for me. The software did not recognised the firmware version and there was a constant error if I tried to reconfigure any buttons. This worked very well with the Mac version (i was lucky i had both Mac and Windows) and could program the shift "extra" ouputs through Macros
Things to consider:
If connected to Raspberry Pi, I would configure Emulation Station through a keyboard with the EXACT correspondent keys that you have the Joysticks and buttons associated with as per default table from the arcadeworlduk website i.e. SW1 = L-ctrl, SW2 = L-Alt and so on
Player 2 may need to be configured for some game systems but google is your friend ;-)
I am very impressed by the fast (DPD) delivery to Germany; one day earlier than announced; safe packaging; Quality of the products (IPac, Buttons, Sticks) much higher than expected ! The IPAC2 (FS32) works "out of the box" with the Raspberry 3 (for a Bartop Project) - A mighty THANK YOU, Arcadeworld Team ! - I am sure I will come again :-)
Excellent quality and fast shipments.
what can i say, a great little board that gives my Mame arcade stick all the buttons i could ever want. It was very easy to wire up and to look very neat inside my arcade stick. On my stick the bottem piece is perspecs so it looks very nice with the green light lit up. I will be honest and say i had a little trouble setting up the board, but that was nothing to do with the board at all, just my lack of knowedge about t. but a simple phone call these guy's had me up and running in no time. A very simple software download to config the board from this site was all that was required. I will be definitely getting another for my 2 player Mame cab. Thanks Andy for all your help