J-PAC Jamma To PC Arcade Controls
Connect a PC to a JAMMA cabinet in seconds!
The JPAC (JAMMA interface for PC to Arcade Controls) is a board which allows plug-in connection of a JAMMA arcade cabinet to a VGA card and USB port on a PC motherboard. It incorporates all the advanced features of the I-PAC with an on-board JAMMA connector.
1 x J-PAC Board
1 x USB Cable
1 x VGA Cable
J-PAC Set Up Information
Keyboard Encoder Downloads
- NEW VERSION! Now has inputs fully protected against static discharge and reverse connection, now supports 3 extra JAMMA connections (Tilt, Service SW and Test)
- Now supports 12 volt coin doors.
- Fully programmable key code set. Stored even after power off.
- Supports I-PAC optional pre-assembled LED harness with 3 panel mounting LEDs which emulate the keyboard Lights.
- Lead plugs into USB port.
- Self-Test LED gives an instant check of all your wiring. Can indicate which, if any, input has a problem.
- No separate power needed.
- Does not use a matrix - no ghost keys. All inputs are completely separate and generate their own interrupt - this is the fastest possible method.
- Does not use a scanning method which causes a variable delay.
- Either uses standard MAME keys or you can program your own character set.
- Shift functions. Holding "Start1" and pressing other buttons sends a range of codes for MAME functions such as "escape", "Coin 1", "tab", "enter". This means no extra buttons are needed on the cabinet. In programmable mode any input can be the shift key and all keys can be programmed with a shifted code.
- No special drivers needed. USB drivers are generic Windows.
- All control inputs which are part of a normal JAMMA standard are routed to an on-board JAMMA edge connector.
- Connector for VGA input from PC VGA card. Routes through to JAMMA edge connector for connection to the cabinet arcade monitor.
- On-board video amplifier boosts signal to standard arcade monitor levels. Uses high-bandwidth video amplifier chip.
- Custom microcontroller only allows sync signals to be sent to the monitor if they are in the correct range that the monitor is designed for. Avoids driving the monitor with a too-high horizontal sync rate which can damage some arcade monitors.
- Sync circuitry also converts separate horizontal and vertical syncs into composite sync. Can handle both positive and negative vertical sync.
- If required, can divide a 31Khz VGA signal in half so that it will display a stable picture on a 15Khz arcade monitor. Useful for checking boot-up progress and configuration (not for application use). Automatically stops dividing the signal when it detects a correct 15Khz rate is being send by the PC.
- JAMMA cabinet speaker routed to screw connectors for wiring to powered sound card or hacked PC speakers.
For legal reasons we must state here that the JPAC is not designed to be used in revenue-earning applications where a credit mechanism is used. The JPAC contains no specific interface functionality for any credit device. Although it has inputs which connect to the JAMMA coin signals, these are designed such that activating a switch connected to them causes the MAME "coin" keycodes (5 or 6) to be sent. These are designed to be used with panel pushbuttons not coin doors or note acceptors.
Find Similar Products by Tag
Great product for connecting PC to JAMMA
Posted by Simon Tettmar on 1st Jan 2017
Great card, simple to connect and works with no config at all letting me connect my computer to the jamma harness and hence all my cabinets controls. The app you can download does a nice job of customisation.
Posted by Tim on 21st Jan 2015
Amazingly fast service, and very well packed. Thank you
Best product for a jamma/mame conversion
Posted by Patrick Hawthorne on 7th Jun 2014
The Jpac is the best option for those who want to convert their arcade Jamma to PC mame,very easy to install and works perfectly,postage,shipping and price all excellent as always from arcadeworld,very happy with the service and advice given from arcadeworld,many thanks.
Customers also viewed
£67.80 (inc VAT) £56.50 (ex VAT)
£29.99 (inc VAT) £24.99 (ex VAT)
£311.99 (inc VAT) £259.99 (ex VAT)
£43.80 (inc VAT) £36.50 (ex VAT)
£89.99 (inc VAT) £74.99 (ex VAT)