I-PAC 2 And Wiring Kit
This kit is perfect for customers who are building a cocktail arcade machine as the wires in this kit are 1 Metre long. The I-PAC2 board has 32 inputs, making it an ideal way to connect your 2 player set-up to a PC. The included Metre long wires make connecting simple.
Connect the crimped end of the Metre long wires to the NO (Normally Open) microswitch tags on your joysticks and buttons, strip a small section of the rubber off the other end of the wires and screw these into the corresponding terminals on the board. Then all that is left to do is connect the daisy chain ground harness to the COM (Common Ground) microswitch tags on your joysticks and buttons.
If you have any spare ground connections, you can either cut these off, or use them as span to help the daisy chain reach the ground terminal on the I-PAC2 board. Once this is complete, plug your board into your PC and once it has been recognized, you are ready to go.
2.8mm - This size crimp is mainly used for Sanwa & Seimitsu buttons.
4.8mm - This size crimp is mainly used for standard arcade buttons E.g. Happ, IL & Classic buttons
1 x I-PAC 2 FS32 Keyboard Encoder
1 x Pack Of 4 PCB Feet
1 x Insulated Daisy Chain Harness With 32 Crimp Connections
32 x 1 Metre Long Insulated Crimped Wires
Find Similar Products by Tag
Showing reviews 1-5 of 12 | Next
Posted by Andy on 18th Apr 2017
I bought this board for my bartop project with 2 zippy joystick, 12 Yenox buttons, etc .
Very easy to wire but the screw terminals are a little breakable.
Board and utility software (WinIPAC Version 2) works well with Windows 7.
I-pac works well also with Raspberry PI 3 and Retropie/EmulationStation, needs configuration through Retroarch with some emulators (Neo Geo, Snes, Megadrive/Genesis, etc).
A special mention for Andy and ArcadeWorld staff, really helpful and kind.
Easy as Pi
Posted by Hannah on 10th Apr 2017
Really fast delivery. Wired up in no time.
It just works
Posted by Unknown on 26th Mar 2017
What more can i say, unpack install and in around 10 mins you are up and running. A small board that is so easy to use 10 out of 10.
The board is great but...
Posted by Xavier on 20th Feb 2017
Based on my experience i would recommend this board but i also had a few problems with it which were very time consuming.
- Very easy to wire, all inputs are specified on the board. Peel the wire and screw it in
- GND is at both sides but they're communicated so you only need a point from the daisy chain for all players and buttons
- getting the pre-crimped wires and daisy chain for ground is a must unless you wanna spend hours crimping wires. It makes your life easy!
- fast response from joystick and switches if connected to Raspberry Pi, not noticeable time delay.
- it works very well with Mame
- The board is meant to be pre-programmed by default but it may not be. My Up, down, left right were swapped so i tried to reprogram the board with no success so i end up wiring the up from the joystick with the down on the board, left with right, etc.
- It didn't work with Windows 7. This could be due to having the correct driver installed instead of the windows default one. The Ultimarc website instructions are atrocious and all over the place with drivers, firmware and programming instructions in different sections which made it very hard to find.
- WinIPAC V2 Configuration Utility did not work for me. The software did not recognised the firmware version and there was a constant error if I tried to reconfigure any buttons. This worked very well with the Mac version (i was lucky i had both Mac and Windows) and could program the shift "extra" ouputs through Macros
Things to consider:
If connected to Raspberry Pi, I would configure Emulation Station through a keyboard with the EXACT correspondent keys that you have the Joysticks and buttons associated with as per default table from the arcadeworlduk website i.e. SW1 = L-ctrl, SW2 = L-Alt and so on
Player 2 may need to be configured for some game systems but google is your friend ;-)
From a very satisfied customer ...
Posted by Mike Werfel on 29th Aug 2016
I am very impressed by the fast (DPD) delivery to Germany; one day earlier than announced; safe packaging; Quality of the products (IPac, Buttons, Sticks) much higher than expected ! The IPAC2 (FS32) works "out of the box" with the Raspberry 3 (for a Bartop Project) - A mighty THANK YOU, Arcadeworld Team ! - I am sure I will come again :-)
Showing reviews 1-5 of 12 | Next
Customers also viewed
£29.99 (inc VAT) £24.99 (ex VAT)
£47.99 (inc VAT) £39.99 (ex VAT)
£3.00 (inc VAT) £2.50 (ex VAT)
£70.79 (inc VAT) £58.99 (ex VAT)
£71.99 (inc VAT) £59.99 (ex VAT)